Let’s go way, way, way, way, WAY back to 2005.
Eleven years ago, one of my all time favorite picture books debuted.
I Ain’t Gonna Pain No More!, written by Karen Beaumont and illustrated by David Catrow, is picture book gold.
Oh, people, there are many reasons why I love this book. These are just ten of them:
- It involves a real deal story
- It’s a joy to read aloud
- The rhyming text invites little listeners to make predictions and actively join in on the storytelling
- The art is wild and splashy
- It seamlessly includes the exploration of two preschool concepts (colors, body parts)
- The main character is active, relatable, and flawed
- It’s really funny
- It inspires creativity
- The main character’s dog adds an extra layer of charm
- It’s a little bit naughty 🙂
If you haven’t yet experienced the joy of this book, I urge you to put it on your holiday wish list.
Holly Abston is the lucky duck winner of a signed copy of You’re My Boo, written by Kate Dopirak and illustrated by Lesley Breen Withrow.
PICTURE BOOK BUILDERS ANNOUNCEMENT:
We will be taking a two-week break, so this is our last post of the year. We wish you a wonderful holiday season and look forward to seeing you in 2017!